Do you organise great meetings or throw amazing parties? Want to do it for a charity committed to helping our precious native wildlife? Then you're ready to volunteer with AWARE Wildlife Rescue as a volunteer event coordinator! Our first event is a training workshop on March 10 and 11 and are looking for a volunteer to organise this for us. We have an excellent speaker lined up for the 2 days…and now we need all the rest of the organisation for the 2-day workshop to be put together.
In this role, you’ll talk with AWARE Committee members to work out event details, scout and book locations, organise catering, hire A/V equipment, and generally make sure the event runs smoothly and efficiently – all within a budget of course!
You will need the following skills:
- Communication: Event volunteers talk to Committee members, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, etc. and many other parties at the same time. Excellent English and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Things can go wrong during an event. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: You will rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organise events.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need good negotiation skills to work out the best prices with suppliers, venues, etc.
- Organisation: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event coordinators need to stay focused and organised so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: If something does go wrong in the planning or on the day, you need to be able to quickly solve the issue.
If you have the skills, the time and are interested in this role, contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include details on why you're interested in volunteering with us, any relevant experience and your contact phone number. You will need a car and a driver’s licence in this role.
- Current Drivers License
- Own vehicle
- Administration & office
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.