VOLUNTEER POSITION: Bookshop Manager and Admin Support
Do you have administrative and computer skills and would like to give back to the community by running the Gould League Online Bookshop? This role involves processing, packing and dispatching orders, along with some data entry and general administrative tasks. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail, good customer service and the ability to work independently. The role requires around 8 hours week which can be done in one day or split over two days. Some work such as invoicing and membership letters can be done from home.
ABOUT THE GOULD LEAGUE The Gould League is an independent not-for-profit organisation celebrating over 100 years of environmental and sustainability education. We help teachers to reinforce the impact of their science and sustainability curriculum, connect students with their natural world and empower the community with positive messages and practical actions to live more sustainably.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• We are looking for a reliable part-time volunteer to play a key role in running our Online Bookshop.
• We are looking for a self-starter, with great attention to detail, who prides themselves on great customer service.
• You will need proven administration experience, work well as part of a small team and be able to work independently.
• Part of the role can be done from home, but orders must be packed at our Environmental Education Centre at where our books, posters and resources are housed. There will be minimal face to face service, most orders are proceed via email with some phone contact.
• You will also need proven general administrative skills with printing, scanning, laminating and other office tasks. • Coordination with the Gould League’s General Manager and Bookings Manager about the material to send out and extra administrative tasks.
• Role is based at our Sustainability Education Centre, 77 Argus Street, Cheltenham.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
• A passion for the environment and sustainability
• A warm and enthusiastic personality and open communication skills.
• Proven office administration skills with the ability to pack and post bookshop orders.
• Experience in using online resources such Microsoft Office and Outlook. An advantage (but not essential) if you have experience with WooCommerce, Canva or MailChimp.
• A driver’s license and your own vehicle to transport mail to the post office.
• To be fully vaccinated and have a Working with Children’s Check as our Sustainability Centre shares the same building as Le Page Primary School.
• Minimum 1 day a week but hours may vary.
How to apply for this role: Please forward your cover letter (explaining how you fit with GL desired attributes/skills as outlined above) and your resume with at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: APPLICATION Gould League Volunteer Bookshop Manager and Admin Assistant. Applications close June 20, 2022 for a July start. For more information phone Greta on 0431 107 389 or contact email@example.com Please note references may be contacted upon receipt of the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.