Our volunteers are trained to provide confidential, non-judgmental emotional support and reassurance to women, whether they are first time mothers or already have children.
Volunteers will provide:
- Companionship and be a sounding board to their Mum;
- Ride the ups and downs of motherhood with their Mum;
- Help mums to access their local resources.
- Volunteers are mothers themselves, and we recommend that they do not have a child under two years of age;
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19;
- Submit an expression of interest form via our website;
- Attend our information evening on 9 February 2022;
- Be available to attend an interview;
- Attend 20 hours of in-depth training upfront from 8 March 2022 - 5 April 2022, 10am-2pm, weekly on a Tuesday.
Provide certificates for:
- Covid-19, demonstrating you are fully vaccinated;
- Whooping Cough vaccination;
- Working with Children's Check:
- National Police Check
- Be able to commit to at least 12 months post training at our office in Caulfield:
- Attend fortnightly professional group supervision at our office in Caulfield
- Once matched with a mum, meet weekly for up to 2 hours
Private Car or public transport to the mother's home
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.