Our volunteers are trained to provide confidential, non-judgmental emotional support and reassurance to women, whether they are first time mothers or already have children.
Volunteers will provide:
- Companionship and be a sounding board to their Mum;
- Ride the ups and downs of motherhood with their Mum;
- Help mums to access their local resources.
- Volunteers are mothers themselves, and we recommend that they do not have a child under four years of age;
- Attend our information evening on Tuesday 21 November 2023 at 7.30pm at our Caulfield North Office - see below for link to register;
- Be available to attend an interview;
- Attend 20 hours over 5 sessions of in-depth training upfront from 21 February 2024 - 20 March 2024, 10am-2pm, weekly on a Wednesday.
Provide certificates for:
- Whooping Cough vaccination - current within 10 years
- Working with Children's Check:
- National Police Check - current within 7 years
- Be able to commit to at least 12 months post training at our office in Caulfield:
- Attend 2 hours fortnightly professional group supervision at our office in Caulfield
- Once matched with a mum, meet weekly for up to 2 hours
Private Car or public transport to the mother's home
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.