Carrum VF 07 Australian Volunteer Coast Guard
Each year Coast Guard volunteers perform thousands of activations. Rescue activities might include:
- Assisting sinking vessels
- Vessels with flat batteries and other mechanical problems
- Vessels that have run aground and often towing these disabled vessels back to safe harbour
As well, when emergencies arise, Coast Guard is often called upon to perform Medivac responses to hard to reach islands and beachs and to provide crucial search and rescue functions for persons who may be lost or missing at sea or in other waterways.
Our vessels must be maintained to commercial standards and be ready to respond 24 hours per day, every single day of the year.
- Attendance at training
- Other - see role description
- Safety & emergency services
Paul Ferrier (Membership Officer)
VF07 Carrum Coast Guard, Launching Way, Carrum 3197 View Map
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.