Chelsea Heights Community Centre, is a not-for-profit community based and inclusive organisation which plays a vital role in the social, educational and cultural life of our community. We offer a wide variety of programs, activities and services involving a diverse range people from our local and surrounding community.
About the opportunity:
Chelsea Heights Community Centre is looking for volunteers to help run their new Chatty Cafe project. Chatty Cafe is a new weekly activity at the Centre where "Have a Chat" tables are available for anyone to use to build social connections and reduce social isolation with other locals in a friendly environment.
We need volunteers to assist us to run the activity and help us to:
- Set up/pack up and clean up
- Serve and make sure refreshments are available for participants
- Start and stimulate conversations with participants if needed
- Support Chelsea Heights Community Centre Staff if required
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Demonstrated positive values of integrity, accountability, reliability and working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated motivation to commit to a volunteer placement for at least a whole school term (10weeks) and weekly on Wednesday from 9.30am-12.30pm
Volunteer Training and Support:
Volunteering at Chelsea Heights Community Centre provides opportunities for people to enhance existing skills and learn new skills, build self-esteem and confidence to enter the workforce, reduce isolation and to meet new people. Volunteers are recognized for their support and their contribution towards building a better local community. References for future volunteering and employment opportunities.
Special Conditions of Volunteering :
- Current volunteer police check at the expense of Chelsea Heights Community Centre
- Current volunteer Work with children check
- Fully COVID-19 vaccination or a valid Medical Exemption if applicable
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for this position or need more information, please contact the Chelsea Heights Community Centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Volunteer Application Form.
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.