Community Support Worker/Administration Assistant
Key Position Objective: Community Support and Information Worker
One position are available for 9:30am to 3:30pm Wednesday.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to;
Receive clients at front counter, Answer telephone enquiries
- To identify and assess clients’ needs utilising "helping interview" techniques and communication skills.
- To ensure that clients with specific communication needs have access to language specific communication assistance, i.e., Telephone Interpreting Service; large print; verbal/graphic information for clients who cannot read.
- Respect the client’s rights to: confidentiality, unconditional positive regard, self-determination and autonomy.
Provision of support
- Provide support options such as emergency relief; material aid; practical support (e.g. drafting letters, filling out forms); advocacy etc. as consented to by the client.
- Work with other agencies to gain additional supports for clients o Provide a "listening ear" Referral: Refer clients to agencies that can provide additional assistance.
- To provide accurate and up-to-date information to clients by clearly identifying their information needs and accessing
- To record confidential client information accurately and legibly.
- To accurately record the distribution of material assistance
- To assist in the maintenance of a clean and tidy shared workspace.
Attributes and skills required
- Be tolerant of difference and be able to relate to people from various socioeconomic levels and cultural backgrounds.
- To have good self-management skills. Possess literacy, writing skills and basic computer skills required by the role.
- To possess conflict management and resolution skills. Be willing to develop new skills as required by the position.
- To be prepared to participate in two-way feedback as an integral process within the team environment.
For more information please feel free to contact Donna on (03) 9772 8939
- Attendance at training
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Support services & emergency relief
Chelsea Community Support Services Incorporated, 1a Chelsea Rd, Chelsea 3196 View Map
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.