Would you like to improve your own wellbeing while helping someone else?
Become a Volunteer Community Visitor and enjoy the multitude of benefits to you!
Southern Metropolitan Melbourne & Mornington Peninsula
Research provides evidence that being a volunteer for your community can :
- Provide a sense of meaning and purpose
- Help you feel connected to your community
- Help you share your talents, learn new skills and provide a pathway to paid employment
- Help you meet new people and build healthy relationships
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Help keep you physically active
- Provide better mental health and quality of life
- Support mental health recovery
- Relieve stress, depression, loneliness and social isolation
- Improve your relationships
- Provide an opportunity to practice and develop your social skills
Better Health Network (BHN) is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of services to support healthy living, general wellbeing and social connection in our community.
Meaningful Connections is a government-funded program that matches a volunteer visitor with a lonely or isolated older person living in an aged care facility or in their own home. The Volunteer and resident are matched according to similar interests or background. The visits are regular and purely social, with the intention of developing an ongoing friendship and social connectedness.
We have multiple volunteer positions available throughout southern metropolitan Melbourne (including Mornington Peninsula) so you can volunteer close to home.
All new Volunteers must undergo a Police check and Working With Children’s Check. We provide full training and support.
Apply now or contact us to learn more.
Ph: 03 8587 0322
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.