Time for a positive change? Connect with your community and make a positive impact to someone in need.
Are you looking for a volunteer role that will allow you to enhance the life of an older person in your community who is experiencing loneliness and isolation? Joining our wonderful program might be just the thing you’re looking for!
Who are we?
Central Bayside Community Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of services to support healthy living, general wellbeing and social connection in our community. The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) is a government-funded program that matches a volunteer visitor with a lonely or isolated person living in an aged care facility or in their own home. Volunteers make regular visits, which are purely social, and intend to develop an ongoing friendship and social connectedness.
We are urgently seeking volunteers to visit older people living in aged care facilities in Mordialloc, Brighton, Bonbeach, Sandringham, Cheltenham, Chelsea and Parkdale.
Meet a few of our wonderful Recipients -
· Brian* lives in Brighton and enjoys playing table tennis and chatting about various sports and his volunteer work.
· Mary* is living with dementia. She enjoys reminiscing about her nursing days, knitting for charity and painting. She may not always remember you but your visits can make a huge impact to her wellbeing.
· Robert* lives in Mordialloc and enjoys reminiscing over music, especially Elvis Presley! He loves dogs and would be very happy for you to bring your furry friend for visits!
There are many other lonely people currently waiting for a volunteer visitor who would greatly benefit from your company once a fortnight. We are also in need of Hungarian and Italian speaking volunteers.
What you need to know
- Our recruitment process is flexible to be completed remotely.
- A minimum commitment of 12 months is required
- Visits occur once a fortnight or weekly at a time that suits you and your older friend.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated (including booster) and complete a police check and training prior to commencement.
Apply now or learn more about Central Bayside Community Health Services and the Community Visitor Scheme by contacting us or visiting our website:
Ph: 8587 0322
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.