Educational Program Facilitator (Primary & Secondary): Help Us Create a Generation of Upstanders! Courage to Care Informs and Educates Australian About the Dangers of Prejudice, Racism and Dicrimination
Volunteer as an Educational Facilitator to guide students through the digital resources and conduct facilitated small group discussion at Courage to Care workshops for Victorian students. The purpose of the program is:
- to help students explore their personal experiences, attitudes and behavior to empower them to become effective Upstanders when encountering situations of racism, prejudice, bullying or discrimination.
- equip students with Upstander tools and inspire them to become Upstanders. T
This role would suit recently retired people. A background in education or teaching is helpful but not essential.
Volunteers become qualified to be Facilitators with the support of:
- A Buddy, who is an experienced Facilitator trained to provide ongoing support to Trainee Facilitators.
- Lead Facilitators, who are experienced Facilitators trained to support Trainees at workshops.
To qualify as a Facilitator, the volunteer must:
- Participate in comprehensive Facilitation training
- Observe at least 3 different Facilitators over at least 3 workshops.
- Submit a personal facilitation plan (based on template) created in partnership with their Buddy
- Facilitate workshops under supervision at least 3 times
- Be signed off by Buddy to be competent to facilitate without supervision
- The Facilitator will be provided with comprehensive training and ongoing mentorship.
- Have good spoken English.
- Have excellent active listening skills.
- Have strong and effective facilitation skills for small group discussions, up to 15 students.
- Have good teamwork skills to work alongside other volunteers Communicate effectively with teachers, students and volunteers.
- Have flexibility and resilience in responding to challenges and program changes.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Courage to Care program elements and its goals.
- Be on message and aligned with Courage to Care values.
- Be able to meet each criterion in the Eight Criteria for successful Facilitation.
Time Required: Hours are flexible as long as the volunteer can keep up with required knowledge and training.
Training: Comprehensive training and ongoing support provided.
Reimbursement: Overnight accommodation and meals allowance, as necessary.
- Working with Children Check
- Education & learning
- Young people
Courage to Care Headquarters, 843a Glenhuntly Rd, Caulfield 3162 View Map
Trams on Glenhuntly Rd to get to the office.
AccessibilityStairs inside the venue
Steps at the entry
None at entry but flight of stairs to access office space.
Accessible car parking spaces
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.