Family Life has been working with vulnerable children, families and communities since 1970. At the core of our organisation is our vision to build capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We value, respect, and listen to people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse, gender and sexually diverse and people with a disability.
Family Life was founded by volunteers and they continue to play a key role in making a positive difference in supporting our community.
Become a Volunteer Delivery Driver
The Volunteer Delivery Driver assists the Community Opportunity Shop operations by driving the Family Life vehicles to deliver stock to and between the shops, collect donations from the public and to deliver purchased goods to customers. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to learn new skills, make new friends, gain confidence to improve career prospects, then come and join us.
- 4 hours per week, days to suit
- Ability to confidently drive the Family Life van and bus.
- Current Victorian Drivers licence with no driving offences.
- Reliable and time efficient.
- Good communication skills and customer friendly attitude.
- Ability to lift, move, transport and handle heavy items, including furniture.
- Ability to work within a team, take initiative and know when to take direction.
- Ability to work with people of a diverse background and with diverse needs.
- Familiarity with metropolitan Melbourne, in particular the Southeast suburbs and Mornington Peninsula is desirable but not required.
- Willing to obtain Working with Children Check and undergo a police check (free to volunteers).
- Induction and training will be provided.
- As part of the application process you will be asked to agree to Family Life Policies, Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Position Description.
- You will be offered ongoing support to ensure you are comfortable and happy in your volunteer role.
To make an application
- Click here to complete the online Volunteer Expression of Interest.
- If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Phone the Volunteer Coordinator on 03 8599 5433
4 hours per week, days to suit
Background Checks Required
Working with Children Check, *Police Check (*May be arranged via the organisation. Details to be provided upon expression of interest).
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.