The Gould League is looking for a Members Engagement Coordinator to strengthen our commitment to our members. Are you passionate about fun and inspiring communications? Do you have experience in creating membership newsletters for schools or children's services? The Gould League are looking for an experienced person to create and facilitate the delivery of quarterly digital newsletters to our kids and school community members.
**ABOUT THE GOULD LEAGUE**
The Gould League is an independent not-for-profit organisation celebrating over 100 years of environmental and sustainability education. We help teachers to reinforce the impact of their science and sustainability curriculum, connect students with their natural world and empower the community with positive messages and practical actions to live more sustainably.
**ABOUT THE ROLE**
We are looking for a part-time volunteer to help develop and facilitate the delivery of newsletters and other information to our members.
- Memberships responsible for are schoolteachers, families, and children’s memberships. Therefore, the material will need to be adjusted accordingly to member type.
- Provide a quarterly newsletter with news about Gould League programs, events and offers as well as other information such as a calendar of environmental events e.g. recycling week, sustainability, festivals, indigenous seasons etc.
- This role will mostly be online but will require some travel to either of Gould’s excursion sites to gain a deeper understanding of what we offer or to access hard copies of our resources. Our sites are Cheltenham, Ricketts Point, and Toolangi.
- Online mail out of materials to members.
- Coordinating with the Gould League’s General Manager, Bookings Manager, and other volunteers about the material to send out.
- Minimum 1 day a week but hours may vary.
**YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE**
- A passion for sustainability and education for sustainability
- An ability to work independently and as a team, either remotely or face to face.
- A warm and enthusiastic personality and open communication skills.
- Access to a computer and programs for developing and delivering materials
- Experience in working (even voluntarily) with school-aged or early childhood aged communities or community groups.
- Experience in developing fun and engaging newsletters or educational materials or other community communication.
- Experience in using online resources such as Canva and MailChimp as well as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experience in scanning hard copies of materials and transferring them to online formats.
- A current Working with Children’s Check or VIT, and proof of full Vaccination for times when on any of our education sites.
**How to apply for this role**:
Please forward your cover letter (explaining how you fit with GL's desired
attributes/skills as outlined above) and your resume with at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: APPLICATION Gould League Membership Engagement Coordinator
For more information phone (03) 9585 7860 or contact email@example.com Please note references may be contacted upon receipt of the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.