Lighthouse Foundation - Bonbeach Community Committee Member
Lighthouse Foundation’s Community Committees are a crucial part of our specialist Model of Care. They are made up of local volunteers who have a deep commitment to ensuring that their local Lighthouse home remains open and the basic needs of the young people within the home are met. Each committee member provides a circle of support for their Lighthouse home, surrounding the young people within it with mentoring, work experience, financial support and other practical help in their journey into sustainable independent living.
- Fundraising – each committee organises approximately four fundraising ventures each year including; dinners, trivia nights, movie nights, golf days, football clinics and BBQs raising funds to support their home’s ongoing operating costs
- Organising – committees organise annual working bees for spring cleaning, garden work and other maintenance of their home
- Relationship building – committee members provide links and networks for the young people and carers within the local community
- Supporting – committee members support the operation of the home and act as an ‘extended family’ for the young people
- Meetings – are generally held monthly, on weekdays, outside of business hours
In 2020 we are looking to recruit more members to join our Bonbeach home, and are seeking dedicated and enthusiastic community members to act as custodians for this home. This is a long term opportunity, with most committee members spending at least 2 years in their roles.
- Attendance at training
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Charities & welfare
- Committees & boards
- Families & children
- Young people
Bonbeach Home, Bonbeach (The Location of our Homes are Confidential, and this information will be shared once volunteers are onboard), Bonbeach 3196 View Map
AccessibilityContinuous, even and accessible path of travelRamp entryStep entryGood lighting, well-lit space
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.