Ordinary Members Committee of Governance
Ordinary members of the Committee of Governance are responsible for overseeing the affairs of the incorporated association, ensuring its legal obligations are met and that the organisation is soundly managed for the benefit of all.Committee members carry out their duties in a lawful manner and ensure that the business of the organisation is carried out in accordance with the law and under the terms of the the organisation’s Rules of Incorporation and Policies. Committee members support the vision, purposes and values of the organisation and ensure the governance and management of the organisation reflect them.
- meet regularly to monitor the performance of the organisation as a whole. Committee members shall ensure that appropriate monitoring and reporting systems are in place, and that these are maintained to provide accurate and timely information
- attend Committee meetings
- consider the best interests of the organisation when making decisions or voting on an issue
- be loyal to the Committee, abiding by committee decisions once reached
- ensure fair and full participation of all Committee members and ensure that the independent views of all Committee members are given due consideration and weight
- ensure that the organisation’s assets are protected by a suitable risk management strategy
- ensure that the organisation does not trade while insolvent
- act within the terms of the Association’s Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedures if a conflict of interest arises
- ensure that there is an appropriate separation of duties and responsibilities between the Committee and staff
- ensure that members are provided with an accurate and balanced view of the organisation's performance including both financial and member services
- be responsive and accountable to members’ needs, concerns and expectations
Election and Term
All Committee of Governance members are directly elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting each year and hold a one year term.We meet on the fourth Thursday of each month from 7pm.
- Community centres, neighbourhood houses & activity hubs
Chelsea Heights Community Centre
Chelsea Heights Community Centre, 160 Thames promenade, Chelsea Heights 3196 View Map
AccessibilityRamp entryStep entryAccessible parkingAccessible toiletsGood lighting, well-lit space
Steps at the entry
Accessible car parking spaces
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.