Reception and Admin Assistant Volunteer
Program Objective: To maintain a high standard of customer service, administrative support to the Front Office staff and other Sandybeach Centre managers and staff.
Reports to: Admin Assistant and Amin Coordinator
Time Commitment: 9am– 5pm (Thursday)
- Customer Service - assist with over the counter enquiries.
- Answer telephone queries regarding courses and current events at Sandybeach Centre.
- Provide clear and relevant communication, verbal and written to external and internal stakeholders.
- Enrol clients into relevant courses and activities.
- Process payments and issue appropriate receipts.
- Complete assigned work as requested by the reception staff of the day.
- Total daily takings and print appropriate reports for banking.
- Carry out general administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, shredding, updating records.
- Maintain a standard of tidiness at the front office and the foyer area.
- Maintain personal privacy and confidentiality for all clients.
- Ability to take direction
- Computer skills (including Microsoft office)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a people-oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be well organised and prioritise tasks
- Calm disposition and patience
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
Training: Orientation to Sandybeach Centre. Volunteers receive on the job training from staff and the opportunity to attend workshops where applicable.
Background Checks Required:
Police Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check (can be organised through the centre)
- Police Check
- Other - see role description
- Administration & office
- Community centres, neighbourhood houses & activity hubs
Sandybeach Centre, 2 Sims Street, Sandringham 3191 View Map
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.