Reception/Front Office Volunteer
One day per week (Wednesday, 9 am to 5 pm)
- Customer Service - assist with over the counter enquiries.
- Answer telephone queries regarding courses and current events at Sandybeach Centre.
- Provide clear and relevant communication, verbal and written to external and internal clients.
- Maintain personal privacy and confidentiality for all clients.
- Enrol students in to relevant courses and activities.
- Process payments and issue appropriate receipts.
- Complete assigned work as requested by the reception staff of the day.
- Total daily takings and print appropriate reports for banking.
- Carry out general administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, shredding, updating records.
- Maintain a standard of tidiness at the front office and the foyer area.
- Computer skills (including Word and Excel)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a people-oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be well organised and prioritise tasks
- Calm disposition and patience
- Ability to take direction
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
Training: Orientation to Sandybeach Centre. Volunteers receive on the job training from staff and the opportunity to attend workshops where applicable.
Background Checks Required:
- Attendance at training
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Administration & office
- Community centres, neighbourhood houses & activity hubs
- Education & learning
- People with disabilities
Sandybeach Centre, 2 Sims Street, Sandringham 3191 View Map
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.