Animalia requires no experience
- However we do require a good level of fitness due to working with wild animals which may be unpredictable and fast moving, this is a very physical role.
- Dedication to our cause, we only take volunteers who are willing to commit to at least one shift per week and be true to that commitment each week.
- We encourage people from all walks of life and previous professions however we often find students undertaking a degree in zoology, veterinary or environmental studies get the most benefit from working with our organisation as it affords them great animal handling experience, a better understanding of the natural world and is a great addition to their resume.
- Volunteers must be 17 years and over due to Work Health and Safety issues
- you will be working under the supervision of a shift supervisor and or the shelter director
- you will work with other shelter helpers up to 6 people on a shift.
- Our shelter is situated in Frankston
- Attendance at training
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Current Drivers License
- Police Check
- Own vehicle
- Working with Children Check
- Other - see role description
Animalia Wildlife Shelter, Kenilworth Avenue, Frankston 3199 View Map
AccessibilityStep entryStairs inside the venue
Steps at the entry
numerous steps and uneven ground at Animalia due to being on the side of a hill
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.