Department: REACH and REACH Respite
Reports to: Driver & Program Coordinator/s
Time Commitment: Varies according to the individual program.
Program Objective: To provide the opportunity and encouragement for older people to improve their wellbeing through social involvement and education programs.
Organisation: Sandybeach Centre, 2 Sims Street, Sandringham
1. To provide support to the mini bus driver during pick ups and drop offs for REACH & REACH Respite programs
2. To escort clients to and from the bus at their homes and at Sandybeach Centre
3. Ensure safety in the bus with seat belts and appropriate storing of walking aids and personal items
4. Provide support and socialise with clients
5. Provide individual support for clients during the program as directed by the tutor/coordinator
6. Assist in the kitchen with the preparation of refreshments, including serving and cleaning up as required
1. Desire to work with the elderly
2. General level of fitness required for getting in and out of minibus and lifting of light weight walking aids
- Punctuality and reliability
- Understanding the needs of the elderly
- Orientation to Sandybeach Centre
- On the job training provided by the program leader and/or coordinator
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses and workshops at Sandybeach Centre e.g. dementia/mental health workshops
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.