Family Life has been working with vulnerable children, families and communities since 1970.
At the core of our organisation is our vision to build capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We value, respect, and listen to
people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse, gender and sexually diverse and
people with a disability.
Family Life has multiple Community Opportunity Shops located across the Bayside region of Melbourne. These community-hubs are vibrant spaces, each shop playing an important
role in the lives of the community of which they are a part. Family Life opportunity shops help raise funds for families, children and young people.
Family Life was founded by volunteers and they continue to play a key role in making a
positive difference in supporting our community.
Become a Volunteer Retail Assistant
Do you love shopping and chatting to customers? We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers at our busy Black Rock Op Shop to engage with the community. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to learn new skills, make new friends, gain confidence to improve career prospects, then come and join us.
Make a positive difference and support your local community.
- 4 hours per week, days to suit
- Retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Enthusiastic and team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills and customer friendly attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to take initiative and know when to take direction
- Ability to work with people of a diverse background and with diverse needs
- Willing to obtain Working with Children Check and undergo a police check (free to volunteers).
- Induction will be provided.
- As part of the application process you will be asked to agree to Family Life Policies, Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Position Description.
- You will be offered ongoing support to ensure you are comfortable and happy in your volunteer role.
To make an application
- Click here to complete the online Volunteer Expression of Interest.
- If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or
- Phone the Volunteer Team on 03 8599 5433
4 hours per week, days to suit
Background Checks Required
Working with Children Check and Police Check
The My Community Life website and content on this page is entered and managed by Community Groups. If you have any questions about a particular listing, please contact the relevant Community Group.